Our Community14. November 2011 - 14:17 — superowpsee
Global and Local Networks
OWPSEE is member of two global networks: OneWorld.net and Association for Progressive communications. (APC) Together with them we share the value of diversity, critical visions and the power of information and communication technology for open, affordable and civic platforms. Together we connect global, regional, nationals and local audiences.
The OneWorld network spans five continents and produces content in 11 different languages, published across its international site, regional editions, and thematic channels. We bring together the latest news and views from over 1,600 organizations promoting human rights awareness and fighting poverty worldwide. Many of these are produced from the South to widen the participation of the world's poorest and most marginalised peoples in the global debate.
The APC network The Association for Progressive Communications (APC) is both an international membership-based organisation, since 1990, and a global network of civil society organisations whose mission is to empower and support organisations, social movements and individuals in and through the use of information and communication technologies (ICTs). Global initiative, campaings and collaborative projects make apc a vivid community where to learn and a great hub for advocacy and policy: Global Information Society Watch (GISWatch); APC women; TakeBackTheTech (TBTT) campaign, GenderIT, and Gender Evaluation Methodology (GEM).
On local level, OWPSEE is member of Ženska mreža BiH and Mreža za izgradnju mira.
- UNHRC: Resolution reaffirming human rights online adopted
- APC signs letter supporting Internet Steering Committe of Brazil
- "The ICT sector should be driving global discussion about respect for human rights in the private sector"
- “The African Declaration on Internet Rights and Freedoms is just an instrument, but quite an important one"
- APC condemns brutal state attacks on Oaxacan civil society