OWPSEE Foundation at glance14. November 2011 - 13:40 — superowpsee
Oneworld – platform for south east europe (owpsee) is a civil society network in the virtual online space. Still, and most probably forever, after three years of hard, committed and enthusiastic work owpsee continues to have two somewhat parallel identities. First, as in the past, today we are a multilanguage and multimedia platform for civil society organizations in Southeast Europe that want to communicate with a larger public. This means lots of news about actions, campaigns, pressing issues, that members, partners, users feel and want to communicate to the larger audience. Our portal www.oneworldsee.org and all our newer supported platforms use information to enable civil society collaboration and mutual learning in the region. Through a diverse strategy, but with the same aim, our second identity is that of a community and network for/of civil society itself. We provides civil society with knowledge about particular themes, issues and developments, and help CSOs to work together. Capacity building and networking are geared towards these goals. Owpsee team is able to organize a blog, a network, events and training courses (Digital Story Telling, Migration to F/LOSS) To respond to our mission Owpsee channel all activities, programs and initiatives according to two main working areas:
- 1. Information and knowledge: Promoting and facilitating the process of local content produced by civil society organizations (CSOs). Strengthening the abilities, role, and engagement of civil society organizations in ICT capacity building processes.
- 2. Networking and regional cooperation: Focusing efforts of the Foundation on expanding and strengthening the network(s) of CSOs, and promoting and generating sustainable regional cooperation models
. Strongly convinced that world is not neutral and that the means need to be coherent/consistent with the goals, we have chosen to pass all our initiative, programs, events trough the filter of:
- Openness of information and communication technology: openness of content, infrastructure, standards.
- Gender sensitized approach: gender(s) awareness as the precondition for deconstruction towards empowerment of diversity and gender(s) equality.
- Women's rights at the 2014 IGF
- Women Human Rights Defenders International Coalition alarmed at reports of violence against Leyla Yunus in prison
- APC joins statement to Human Rights Council on protection of women human rights defenders
- Internet censorship and surveillance in Turkey tighten days after IGF concludes in Istanbul
- A+ for profits, F for women's rights: Take Back the Tech