Code for Europe Initiative Fellowship Call for Applications13. November 2012 - 13:54 — Dejan Georgievski
Under the auspices of the Code for Europe Initiative, six European cities seek talented developers, entrepreneurs and designers for a new city innovation model that will help make a breakthrough in how government services its citizens.
Under the Code4EU fellowship programme, which believes that great pool of untapped potential operating outside of local government, cutting edge, smart apps will be developed and shared among six participating cities: Helsinki, Amsterdam, Rome, Berlin, Manchester and Barcelona.
The programme aims to help citizens save time in transit; experience more culture within the city; live more sustainably; and feel more connected and be heard.
Code4EU is injecting top talent right into city hall to help our governments become more transparent and collaborative. Fellows will develop out-of the-box answers to the common challenges cities are faced with, to not only make a real difference in each location, but also provide solutions that can be used in other European cities, and around the world!
For application, fill in the short web form. Prospective fellows are asked to submit a CV, a brief essay describing their interest in the program (motivation letter), and examples of previous relevant work (portfolio). The deadline for applications in this cycle closes on November 25, 2012.
Candidates can apply to more than one city using the same application form. Final notification of selection will be sent by December 2012.
For more information on criteria and job requirements, visit the website of Code for Europe Initiative.
- AlterMundi, APC's new member in Argentina: "Let's talk about extending the internet infrastructure"
- Challenges to civil society participation in internet governance in the MENA region
- What is the state of digital security and digital rights advocacy in the Middle East and North Africa?
- Digital rights advocacy in the Arab world and the Universal Periodic Review
- Point of View, APC's new member in India: “We're kindred spirits – we care about the same things”