CSO Initiative Releases New Video Promoting Tolerance in Croatia8. July 2014 - 9:11 — Dejan Georgievski
The initiative „All of Us – For Croatia that Belongs to All of Us“, presented last Friday, July 4, 2014, at the Croatian Journalists’ Association, a video ad that warns about unacceptable hatred and intolerance towards members of ethnic, religious and linguistic minorities in Croatia.
The video presents the interethnic (in)tolerance in a game of football played in a school playground, in which the children playing are labeled with prevalent ethnic and religious stereotypes.
“Xenophobic views of Serbs and Roma are part of everyday life”, warns the Initiative that gathers a great number of civic initiatives and organization the promote the rights of all individuals and social groups, with emphasis on the rights of national minorities in Croatia.
The video was directed by Andreja Korovljev, and the graphic design solutions were prepared by Barbara Blasin. The young actors from the Children Drama Studio of the Zagreb Youth Theatre participated in the video.
The “All of Us” initiative was launched on November 9, 2013, the International Day of Fight against Fascism, Anti-Semitism and Xenophobia, which commemorates the horrible events during the “Kristallnacht” pogrom in November 1938.
The video is available for viewing on GONG's channel on YouTube. (Source: H-alter/GONG)
- Bridging the gender digital divide from a human rights perspective
- Giving my spirit voice: Interview with Helen Nyinakiiza
- Applications for APC's small and project member grants are open!
- The constellations in internet history: A conversation with Ian Peter, founder of Pegasus Networks
- HRC 34: "International borders are not zones of exclusion or exception for human rights obligations"