Qendra EDEN:“Ta Pastrojme Shqiperine ne nje dite”!16. May 2012 - 7:54 — Dejan Georgievski
On May 9, 2012, the volunteers and staff of the EDEN Center joined the “Clean Albania in a Day”, initiated by the Green Line Albania, and participated in the cleaning of Tirana’s Youth Park and a number of streets and squares in the capital of Albania.
During the three-hour action, the volunteers from several organizations, with the help from elementary school students, cleaned the area and collected about two tons of litter and garbage in close to 100 plastic waste bags.
Albana Bregaj, the Manager of Environmental Education Programmes at the EDEN Centre, noted that the initiative called to all citizens to be constantly active, instead of appearing in similar action just for one day.
"The goal in the next days is to raise awareness and we want somehow to sensitize the public opinion", Jonida Mamaj, coordinator of EDEN Centre’s Environmental Management Practices said.
The action was supported by several urban municipalities of the City of Tirana, student volunteers from Polis University, European University of Tirana and Marin Barleti University.
- Bridging the gender digital divide from a human rights perspective
- Giving my spirit voice: Interview with Helen Nyinakiiza
- Applications for APC's small and project member grants are open!
- The constellations in internet history: A conversation with Ian Peter, founder of Pegasus Networks
- HRC 34: "International borders are not zones of exclusion or exception for human rights obligations"