GREEN FEST Opens in Belgrade15. November 2012 - 10:46 — Dejan Georgievski
The International Festival of Green Culture GREEN FEST opened yesterday, November 14, in the House of Youth (Dom Omladine) in Belgrade, with a screening of the Play Again documentary film (USA, 2010). In three festival daya, GREEN FEST will offer a diverse film programme, introduction to green initiatives, artists, organizations and products, and a programme of educational activities.
Festival activities started yesterday morning, with workshops for elementary school students. Also, two animated film programmes were held, screening of „The Age of Stupid“ documentary (US, 2009) on climate change and consequences for human life, as well as a review of green films from the region from the Sisak Eco Film Festival (SEFF).
A total of 90 short and amateur films from 22 countries will compete in the competitive segment of the film programme. Petar Mitrić, Nevena Matović and Nataša Đokić sit on the festival jury, chaired by Radoslav Zelenović, that will select the winners in six awards categories. The „Ekomotivacija“ programme will present the best films shot with mobile phones, gathered in a public competition organized in cooperation with VIP Mobile company.
The GREEN FEST has one special guest, Slovenian director Mako Sajko, and will present a retrospective of his films from the 1970s. Sajko's works were banned in former Yugoslavia for their criticism of the ruling system and disclosure of problematic subjects such as environmental pollution, high suicide rates, socially endangered children, etc.
The festival programme also offers exhibitions prepared by National Geographic, the World Wildlife Fund (WWF), and Green Beta's exhibition „Urban Ecology and Sustainable Development“, a presentation of the Arboretum of the School of Forestry Engineering and the „Blue Green Map“ Platform.
VIP Mobile company secured vouchers for rebates when purchasing new mobile phones for all visitors that will bring their old mobile phones.
GREEN FEST unifies film, arts, education and „green“ values into a unique cultural expression. For additional information on tickets, the Festival and the programme, visit the website www.greenfest.rs.
Green Fest is held with the support by the Secretariat for Environmental Protection of the City of Belgrade, Samsung, VIP Mobile, and other organisations and companies. (Source: CRNPS)
- AlterMundi: “Community networks embody the original spirit of the internet”
- Strengthen solidarity: Share your strategies for countering violence against women
- New GenderIT.org edition on the politics of sex
- "Keep fighting for a free and open internet - if not, we are going to lose it": APC's Nadine Moawad's speech at the IGF closing ceremony
- International call on Moroccan authorities to drop charges against human rights defenders
- Eksplicitni tweetovi upućeni učesnici Junior MasterChefa pokrenuli kampanju u Brazilu
- Madrac, mudrac i 100 nijansi silovanja
- Sutra počinje kampanja 16 dana aktivizma!
- Adela Jušić: 'Trebamo uporno nametati svoje politike patrijarhalnom opresivnom sistemu'
- Lista stvari koje bih voljela vidjeti u ženskim časopisima