International Regional Youth Summer School Held in Kruševo3. July 2013 - 16:16 — Dejan Georgievski
The Regional Youth Action Against Discrimination and Militarism organized the second international youth “Regional Summer School 2013”, which was held in Kruševo, Macedonia, June 23 – 29, 2013.
Young activists from Macedonia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo and Serbia were involved in this year's activities aimed to raise the awareness about high levels of discrimination in our societies.
The level of militarism is easy to measure through levels of nationalism, homophobia, machoism, xenophobia, and especially through different forms of discrimination on grounds of ethnic background, gender, sex, faith and/or social status. The activities included a series of workshops, panels, debates, a forum theatre, flash mobs, etc.
Valentina Pellizzer and Belma Kučukalić from the Foundation OneWorld Platform for SEE participated in the panels on “New Media in the Fight Against Discrimination and Militarism” and “Gender Conditioned Discrimination”.
The project is supported by the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. (Belma Kučukalić)
- Internet rights at the Human Rights Council 35th session
- APC celebrates Africa Day with roundtable addressing human rights and the internet
- Access and Power: APC at the Stockholm Internet Forum 2017
- What is the relationship between access and power? APC at the Stockholm Internet Forum 2017
- Did Facebook finally figure out that consent is more important than nipples?