Vision & Mission14. November 2011 - 13:42 — superowpsee
Oneworld – platform for south east europe (owpsee) Foundation is a civil society network in a virtual online space who envision:
"An active and efficient online community of the South East Europe unified in efforts to impact faster democratic developments and positive change within civil societies of the region, through interactive platforms and cooperation (at local, national, regional and international levels)."
Our mission is:
• to provide support for connecting communities from the region, enabling their cooperation through local content and languages
• to be an important information service provider, ensuring that voices of diversity are reaching the broadcast audiences
• to be an educational center, providing trainings on various topics and issues
• to utilize the Internet and independent technologies as tools for social change in civil societies of the SEE region
• to create networks and partnerships with organizations working in the fields such as advocacy, information communications, media, human rights, gender equality, activism, and sustainability.
- Latin American civil society experts discuss media concentration and digital convergence in Montevideo
- Take Back the Tech! campaign finalist in the 2016 Womanity Award for the Prevention of Violence Against Women
- Pakistan: Call for clarity on terms of lifting of YouTube ban
- Exploring technology-related violence against women in the Democratic Republic of Congo and Kenya
- Moez Chakchouk at Arab IGF 2015: “People need to know that their rights are protected online”