Serbs and Albanians learn each other’s language22. December 2013 - 16:32 — Dejan Georgievski
Aiming to be better prepared for their tasks and obligations as civil servants and to eliminate linguistic barriers, Serb community officials from Vushtrri/Vučitrn municipality have attended an Albanian language course.
Albanian civil servants also attended a Serbian language course in order to provide better services for the Serb community, daily Kosova Sot reported.
A ceremony of presentation of training certificates to 13 Albanian and five Serb civil servants was organised following the training. They were distributed by Vushtrri/Vučitrn mayor Bajram Mulaku and Andrea Najvritova, the project manager from the European Centre for National Minorities.
Mulaku assessed this as a successful project and thanked the OSCE High Commissioner on National Minorities for organising this training. (Luan Ibraj)
- APC statement in solidarity with Hungarian civil society and Central European University
- WSIS Prizes 2017: Vote for these projects!
- Save the date: South Africa to host Forum on Internet Freedom in Africa, 27-29 September 2017
- French "right to be forgotten" ruling could be devastating for freedom of expression globally
- APC seeks experienced finance associate